January 29, 2016 at 10:48 am #1144
We are looking for one, maybe two, players to augment our existing three-player D&D 5e campaign. We are looking for people who want to be in it for the long haul and want a chance to take a character idea and bring it to life.
The campaign setting is a fantasy homebrew loosely based on Roman Republic and inspired by:
· Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough
· A cheesy fairy figurine bought from a gas station in North Dakota
· The goofy and socially conscious people of PDX
· Your characters
These games often include but are not limited to:
· Long-arching, inter-weaving storylines that integrate character backstory and development
· Goofy, irreverent giggling and bad puns
· Low to moderate alcohol
· Gaming around a living room rather than a table, because it’s cozier that way
· In-game politics and bureaucrats and gaming sessions with no combat whatsoever…
· …but also epic combat where creative use of the environment is encouraged
· Kobold henchmen with self-esteem issues
· Hilarious and/or passionate roleplaying
· Secret note passing to generate paranoia and suspense
· Munchie-stealing cats that confuse dice for popcorn and want your socks
These games will not include:
· Drugs, smoking (including 420), or excess alcohol
· Tolerance for rude or insulting behavior
· Free dinner. Sometimes someone brings munchies or drinks, but currently we don’t make group meals part of the gaming sessions 🙁
· Realistic, well-researched combat simulations – the DM doesn’t have the chops
· Currently held at our home near OHSU on Marquam Hill, so we have parking available but public transit isn’t as optimal
· Current games are 6:30-10 pm on Tuesday and/or Thursday nights. This can be open for discussion with the whole group if/when we find the right people.
· Existing players are 20-to-30-something professionals, currently a 50/50 gender split.
· There are cats, so folks with allergies should be aware
· Email is the primary source of communication
If you are interested email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a little bit about yourself and what you are looking for in a gaming group. Tell me a little about the character idea(s) you were interested in trying. You and I will probably chat a bit via email, then my husband (player #1) and I would want to meet you at a local coffee shop to chat more – we are shy people who want to get to know someone a little before we invite them to our home.
Husband’s character w/ kobold henchman:February 12, 2016 at 1:52 pm #1153
Update: I am currently talking with a couple of people, so the spots may already be taken. I’ll post back here once we’ve found our people, or if there is another opening.February 19, 2016 at 4:18 pm #1161
Well, I’d be happy to go on the alternate list. I dipped my big toe into 5th edition waters last year and would be happy to slip the whole way in! I’d even bring an extra sock for kitty.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.