Home Forums Looking for Group Homebrew D&D 5E Campaign Needs Players

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nykrat Nykrat 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nailsof6bit
    nailsof6bit
    Participant

Greetings, everyone. My name is Deric “Nails” Boneski, I’m 33, and my wife and I are forming a homebrew Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition roleplaying group to meet at our house on Hayden Island every Sunday, or every other Sunday, depending on what becomes most convenient for everyone. This group is open to veterans and new players alike, especially those making the transition into 5th Edition, as am I.

I’m a writer and musician, and I’m writing this campaign world myself while incorporating altered published adventures into my own original plot lines. I have experience in 4E and AD&D 2E, as well as minimal experience with 3.5, so I’ll be drawing elements such as monsters, races, classes, and others from these editions to flavor the adventures. The campaign will involve storytelling, battles, mysteries, puzzles, and all of the dialogue, traps, and twists that any good D&D session would include, as well as visual aids such as battle maps, area maps, small props for special items, and more. I’m currently beginning to build a collection of official and improvised minis, so bringing your own is welcome, but not necessary.

I’ll be providing immersive playlists of music and ambiance for the appropriate settings, differing between taverns, towns, dungeons, etc., as well as comfortable seating and dinner for the group (I’m also a cook). On the nights when we decide to order food instead, I’ll ask that everyone pitch in, but no one is obligated to and, if not enough people can afford it, I’ll simply cook dinner instead; no one taking their time to play D&D with us should be obligated to contribute money or go hungry.

The only aspect which might not interest your average RPG player is that this group will be “cannabis-friendly”, meaning that smoking it is allowed indoors, as it is my private residence, but the room will be well-ventilated and smoking confined to the most ventilated areas. Alcohol consumption is also allowed, but only to a certain extent, as we’re ultimately gathering to play D&D and not get wasted. No cigarette-smoking is allowed inside, but the porch is right outside, somewhat private, and easy to access in a pinch. Vaping is allowed indoors, also near the windows, but I would prefer that vapers step outside with the smokers if the weather permits. If we’re somehow snowed in by an apocalyptic blizzard, other accommodations will be made, though a more dire situation may be at hand than where to smoke and vape.

I hope that this is enough info for anyone interested in playing. The most convenient way to contact me is through Facebook, as Deric Nails Boneski, or through email: nailsof6bit@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by nailsof6bit nailsof6bit. Reason: Forgot to tell people that I actually hoped to hear from them. So rude
    Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

Is this still going on? If so, I’d love to talk to you and see if we’d be a good fit.

Erik

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.