Home Forums Looking for Group In Person Savage Worlds Game with Play by Post

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ryehat 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

GamerDad
    Participant

Hey all. I am putting my feelers out to GM a proposed Savage Worlds game in PDX. The structure would be meeting in person once a month, with a play by post element between in person sessions. This could be great for busy gamers and/or parents. A little about me: I’m 38, a dad, and have a full time job managing a cafe. I love rpg’s and I love GM’ing. My genres of choice are high fantasy, post apocalypse (Savage RIFTS I want you in my life) and superheros and villains. I have run Palladium, D&D 4.0, Savage Worlds, then switched to Dungeon World, and have been running a Palladium game again online.

For what I am proposing here I think Savage Worlds is ideal given the flexibility of the system as well as efficiency when we meet in person. Also, Savage Worlds is simply a blast to play.

My games are run fast and dirty. These days I do not use miniatures or game maps. I stick with paper, dice and imagination. Tell me what you want to do and roll dice, basically. If I were clickbait my link would say: “Rules lawyers hate him!”

If you are interested, or have more questions, PM me and maybe we can get together for coffee and see if it’s a good fit. I am super dedicated, so I hope you are the same. 🙂 Anyway, have a great day all!

Ryehat
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m an old school tabletop player in my early thirties who’s been out of gaming for a couple of years and, after suddenly getting the itch to play again, I found your post while searching through Portland based gaming groups. I’m new to the Guardian Games forum and I didn’t see a way to PM you so I hope you don’t mind my post. Anyway, I’d be very interested in joining a game based more on storytelling and instinct than rules and grids and it sounds like that’s exactly what you like to GM. If you’re still interesting in running this campaign or if you’re currently running it and would consider taking on another player please let me know and I can expand on my gaming history and story/character interests. Thanks!

GamerDad
    Participant

<Hi,
    I’m an old school tabletop player in my early thirties who’s been out of gaming for a couple of years and, after suddenly getting the itch to play again, I found your post while searching through Portland based gaming groups. I’m new to the Guardian Games forum and I didn’t see a way to PM you so I hope you don’t mind my post. Anyway, I’d be very interested in joining a game based more on storytelling and instinct than rules and grids and it sounds like that’s exactly what you like to GM. If you’re still interesting in running this campaign or if you’re currently running it and would consider taking on another player please let me know and I can expand on my gaming history and story/character interests. Thanks!>

Hi there, and thanks for replying. Yes, I was able to connect with a couple of other people, and we will be starting the campaign on August 14th at Guardian Games.

We will be running a Savage Worlds game using their new Rifts license. If you aren’t familiar look up Savage Rifts.

The only materials you would really need are the Savage Worlds core book, and the Savage Rifts Player’s Handbook. If you decide you want to join us but can’t afford the materials right now, then maybe you could join us when we start the campaign, roll up a character, and play with us to see if it’s a good fit.

Let me know as soon as you can, so I can email GG to see if we can expand our reservation to accommodate another player. 🙂

Shoot me an email at travscart@gmail.com.

Ryehat
    Participant

Cool, sent you an email.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.