Home Forums Looking for Group Looking for 5E group!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CriticalHittite 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

CriticalHittite
    Participant

Hello! As the title says, looking for a D&D 5E group to roll with.

My most open day is on Thursdays all day. Saturday afternoons are a maybe, Fridays and Saturdays are a last resort. Everything else is prettymuch right out.

I live in Portland downtown area so transport times should be minimal. I’m 29 years old and have lived here since ’08.

Looking as a player, since my schedule *definitely* wouldn’t give me time for DMing. 😛

NoLongerDemure
    Participant

We will be starting a Thursday game really soon in the Multnomah Village area. It’s a pretty easy transit commute to get there, a frequent and reliable line. Let me know if you have any interest. We are playing a 5e campaign.

CriticalHittite
    Participant

Perfect, count me in! Want me to give you my contact info to make communication easier?

NoLongerDemure
    Participant

We have a group on Facebook I can invite you to it. What’s your Facebook? I’ll add you =)

CriticalHittite
    Participant

I do not have a Facebook for personal reasons. Would my email be sufficient?

NoLongerDemure
    Participant

We use it for all of our planning and communication. I can understand and respect that you chose not to use socal media, however it is a major tool for our group. Sorry

CriticalHittite
    Participant

Oh, alright, I *guess* I can create an FB account for this.

And it’s done. Shall I PM you the details?

EDIT: Oh silly me, I just remembered I could add the page link to my profile. Check there!

NoLongerDemure
    Participant

I appreciate that, however it is also part of our screening process. Knowing who is coming to our private residence is important to all of us and we use social media as a way of checking people out before we commit to having them in our home. I can understand and respect that you chose not to use social media, however it is a major tool for our group. Sorry

CriticalHittite
    Participant

Hang on, you’re saying that because I didn’t have an active FB account *before*, I’m screened out *now* even if I bothered to set up one?

EDIT: On second thought, if I have to jump through this many hoops with such infrequent non-FB contact from you to explain the whole thing, never mind. I really wish you had stated the Facebook requirement first thing.

NoLongerDemure
    Participant

Yes. No social media = screened out. This game takes place in a private residence, not a public space, so we take extra steps to insure our own safety and well being. I didn’t mention the social media requirement because it is extremely uncommon in this day and age for someone to not have any. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Yes, joining our group comes with a few hoops. Everyone else has gone through them and really they are pretty minor to most. This is someone’s home, not a table at Guardian Games. It’s a crazy world out there and being able to look at a persons social media and get a feel for who they are, their attitude, their values, is extremely helpful. It’s also nice to know that if someone ever did **** you over, you could point at your screen and say “this guy did it”. As for not getting back to you in a timely manor, my son broke his arm after we first started communicating and it was awhile before I got around to doing anything other than caring for him. Like I said before, I can respect your choices, however, we do what we do for a reason and it works for us. I apologize, it was not my intention to waste your time our my own.
    Best of luck.

CriticalHittite
    Participant

Sigh. Okay, I’m *still* not clear whether or not I could join if I reinstated my Facebook.

Even if social media is common in this day and age it’d be at least courteous for you not to assume everyone has it. And at any rate you didn’t make it clear that joining the FB group was more than just a formality.

Lastly, using FB as a screening process strikes me as a vain idea as people could wear a ‘mask’ on FB and behave differently in person.

Lastly, I didn’t have an active FB for a long while because I didn’t have access to my own internet for a long, long time.

If I have used up my lone chance here, please say so and stop leaving me confused, because this is irritating me.

NoLongerDemure
    Participant

The answer was and still is no. Your opinion is noted, however this is what our groups founding members agreed to and while you may disagree with our choices our answer is still final. We have our reasons and we stand by them. We wish you the best of luck, but your are not a good fit for our group. Take care.

CriticalHittite
    Participant

Thank you for finally getting to the bloody point. Have fun.

NoLongerDemure
    Participant

I told you you cannot join multiple times. Sorry you found that to be unclear. You also stated that you didn’t want to join anyway, so why should I have suspected I still needed to clarify anything further for you?
    YOUR words -“On second thought, if I have to jump through this many hoops with such infrequent non-FB contact from you to explain the whole thing, never mind.”

Your attitude is not going to help you find success anymore than your avoidance of modern norms. You don’t want to swim in the same current with the other fishes, deal with the consequences and stop being mad that world doesn’t just take you as you are. It’s your choice to be who you are. Deal with it.
    I’ve been respectful in our communications. I’ve apologized where no apology was really due. You have been nothing but petulant and rude and I have had enough of it. I have responded to everything you’ve written as a courtesy, even though it was clear many messages ago exactly where we stood. I won’t waste anymore time on you. Not reading your words or wasting mine on you. We will have fun and gladly we will be having that fun without you. Good day.

CriticalHittite
    Participant

I apologize for my rudeness.

I got overeager and too anxious for a clarifying response and took it out on you. That was my mistake.

At any rate, since I got the clarification I needed, sorry to waste your time and hope you have a pleasant rest of the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.