Home Forums Looking for Group Looking for a gaming group

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by iktomi iktomi 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    iktomi
    iktomi
    Participant

So here’s my deal- I’ve just moved to the area last August, and after 15 years with a regular RPG gaming group, I’m in withdrawal. Looking for an RPG group to join for regular adventures! I’ve played pretty much every edition of D&D at least a little bit- though I like 3rd and 5th by far the most- as part of an eclectic group of role-players taking turns running different games I’ve also tried Champions, various incarnations of Savage Worlds, Buffy, Conspiracy X, Call of Cthulhu, Dresden Files, Blades in the Dark, Tales from the Loop, Genlab Alpha and more- and I’m always cool with learning new systems and taking turns as GM if you’re into that. Also enjoy board games and card games, though role-playing will always be my first love. Anyone out there got a group for me?

SeymourButts
    Participant

Hi!

I’m totally new to RPGs but I’ve always really wanted to learn how to play DnD. Are you interested in training an absolute beginner?

Voodoothng
    Voodoothng
    Participant

Hi, My wife and I saw this post and are looking to get a D&D5e game going. We are looking to have a few more players. If you are interested we would love hear from you. A little background on us. I have been gaming for 30+ years having played many RPGS out there. D&D has been my favorite over the years, my wife has been playing for about 20 years as well. We are open to veteran and new players alike. Please reach out if you are interested. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Voodoothng Voodoothng.

SeymourButts
    Participant

Hey Voodoothing! I’m down if you’ll have an absolute beginner. I’ve been working my way through the rulebook and watching some gameplay / intro videos but I think I can learn so much better (and have more fun) playing with experienced players!

Background on me, female artist in her mid20’s, new to RPGs, but eager to learn!

Voodoothng
    Voodoothng
    Participant

Seymour, we are totally open to having a new player join us for our new adventures. We were all new once and it was nice to have someone to play with that was a veteran. Email me privately at voodoothng@comcast.net and we can go over the details more in depth. Thanks for reaching out!!!

iktomi
    iktomi
    Participant

I would totally be down for playing some D&D! I actually ran 5ed for my kids and their friends last year and was hoping I’d get a chance to play from the other end of it eventually. I’m also cool with new gamers (I had to teach most of the kids what role-playing games were). My email is chuck.quilty@gmail if you wanna get in touch with details!

iktomi
    iktomi
    Participant

I just noticed another person looking for a 5ed game as well, on another thread, if you want to check that out…

Voodoothng
    Voodoothng
    Participant

With you and Seymour that puts us with 5 and a possible 6th from a co-workers husband. My wife (who will be running) wants to keep it there unless the husband doesn’t work out. I will email you guys privately to give you the details. Very Exciting!!!

iktomi
    iktomi
    Participant

Sounds good! Looking forward to it!

lmajia
    Participant

Hey Iktomi! I’m currently getting folks together for a Sci-Fi DnD campaign that is similarly based on 5e. If that is something that interests you let me know! I’ve been DMing for the past 15 years and I tend to make custom campaigns from scratch!

iktomi
    iktomi
    Participant

Hi Imajia- that sounds interesting! I might be able to join you, depending on when you’re thinking of meeting- feel free to email me at chuck.quilty@gmail.com with details!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.