Home Forums Looking for Group Looking for folks to play RPGs off the beaten path

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  brettdavis1991 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wilperegrine
    Participant

I’m familiar with D&D, Pathfinder, other d20 systems, WoD. I’d like to gain experience with different, preferably more story-focused RPGs that use alternate and less complex game mechanics. If anyone’s playing RPGs off the beaten path, especially games Powered by the Apocalypse (i.e. Urban Shadows, Monster Hearts, Epyllion); contemporary or sci-fi settings; Symbaroum – I’d love to be a guest player for a few sessions or to join a short campaign to familiarize myself with other rules systems. Also up to forming a group with others who are interested. I’d prefer not to GM, but am eager to learn and contribute. Thanks, I hope to hear from like-minded folks!

Jimjim
    Participant

Are you still looking? I’m in a Long-term gaming group of friends looking for more people to play weekly(ish). We like to check out different systems, especially the “weirder” ones. A while back we played The Sprawl (a Powered by the Apocalypse game) and liked it quite a bit. In general, we’re heavy into storyteller-based systems as well. We’re playing Exalted next.

Right now, we play on Wednesday evenings in the SW Hills/Beaverton, and are somewhat flexible on location/time. If you’re interested, let me know!

TheRedEpic
    TheRedEpic
    Participant

Hey There,

Not sure if you’d be interested, but I run a Heavy Gear RPG game every other Saturday at Guardian Games in the Dungeon foyer. The game mechanics are quite simple, and the game itself is very story driven and focuses on character actions rather than combat (Though combat does happen and can be quite brutal). Consequences for actions are heavy.

Heavy Gear is a realistic hard scifi militaristic setting set on Terra Nova, a long colonized world that is 75% land. The setting is quite rich and incredibly established with lots of cloak and dagger politics between two massive super powers currently in a Cold War going hot.

The current players are part of a military unit within the Northern Guard, and are under-strength and over-stretched, yet caught within the wheels within wheels machinations of several opposing parties.

If you are interested, we are looking for new recruits:) I’d be more than happy to have you as a guest to see how the game mechanics, how we play, and how I DM.

Thanks!
    ~Jared

angelica
    Participant

Hi there! I’m new to the area, looking to meet new gaming friends, and would be comfortable running a one-shot on short notice in Deadlands Classic, Call of Cthulhu, or Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. If you’re interested in any of those systems, let me know how to get in touch outside of the forum so we can talk. 🙂

brettdavis1991
    Participant

Hey there Angelica, I play the FFG Star Wars game and i’m always looking for more people to play with if interested.

angelica
    Participant

Hi Brett! We were considering coming out for the Euro Board Games event this Sunday. Let me know if you might want to meet up there and talk RPGs.

brettdavis1991
    Participant

Yeah I could probably make that, although I might come later than the start, here’s my email in case you would like to contact me. brettdavis1991@gmail.com

brettdavis1991
    Participant

I’m here but i have no idea who I’m looking for so Ill likely leave soon. Send me an email though if you would like to meet up soon or give me a description for who I’m looking for.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.