Home Forums Looking for Group Microscope

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rpk 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    brainonthebeach
    brainonthebeach
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m interested in playing this wonderful indie game, and perhaps play more of these types.
    Is anyone interested?
    Steve=0

rpk
    Participant

I’ve played this game before a little and would definitely be interested. I have pretty much all days and times open.

brainonthebeach
    brainonthebeach
    Participant

Cool! We should find a third, at least. Know anybody?

rpk
    Participant

I am not so sure if I know anyone right now.
    I can think of a couple people, but for now I think its best we assume I didn’t find anyone.

There are some people I know off the internet too (who don’t live any where near Portland), if you have a laptop or whatever and want to try something a little more complicated and/or interesting.
    Of course, that’s probably a last resort and I do not own any portable computers beside a half-broken tablet.
    I’m just throwing that out there, I guess.

We only need 1 or 2 more people now [Edit: Well, really like OP said, just 1 then we will start. But if more people just happen to respond in the mean time, and its alright, we can start with 4 and that would be okay. 5 is a too many, though I admit it would be nice to see more interest. 2 can actually also work if we find no one though it would be a shame both for the excitement of having another mind at the table, and for the obscurity of this game… and it can be slightly clunky. Just thought I’d mention that if we happen to find 2 or more people before we get a chance to start]. Actually, I work with a caseworker and she *might* find someone else, but we’ll have to hold on that.

Try what you can. I’ll look too.
    I know it gets cludgy around 5 or 6 people according to the book.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  rpk.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  rpk. Reason: FInishing a sentence I somehow forgot to finish

rpk
    Participant

So we’re still looking for players if anyone is interested.

rpk
    Participant

Hey brianonthebeach, if you are looking at this and still interested, maybe reply to this again to see if you’re still interested. It is hard to find groups for Micrscope, but I’m letting you know now I’m still interested.

Maybe if you have some other form of communication we can use that too?
    I’m not always up to date with my email (college gave me a Pavlovian response to it).

I’m certainly open to other methods of communication.
    BTW called an old friend recently, but said he’s busy for like the next 2 weeks.
    I’ll try to think of some other ideas to get people into this game. I’ll update when that happens.

This is a bit off-topic, but if you want and if you’re interested, we could meet and play (relatively casual…) MtG or some other kind of tabletop game.
    I’ve also been looking to get some kind of pen and paper group together and one-to-one pen and paper doesn’t actually work too badly in my experience and I’ll try any/almost any system if you wanna do that. I’ve played World of Darkness, DnD, Pathfinder and own a copy of Moongoose RuneQuest II (purchasing mistake on my part, but might be OK. I’m not sure).

I only mention this because it might be a good way to stay in contact if you’re interested and it just so happens I’m not attached to a group right now.

Any way, just wanted to let you know I’m still interested. So far I can remember to keep looking at this thread regularly, but I can’t really guarantee that I’ll be open to play in the future if I do find people to play with and I receive no proof of your continued existence (which really, I think speaks more to this site not being the best method of communication ever).

I am considering starting a group maybe meet-up or some site like that and I guess I might as well update you on that if I get around to it.
    Assuming you’re still around, that is.

Sorry for the long and heavily edited post.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  rpk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.