Home Forums Looking for Group New RPG group in PDX LFPs

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Aikibrewer Aikibrewer 2 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Aikibrewer
    Aikibrewer
    Participant

I recently moved to PDX and left behind a great RPG group, so I’m trying to build a new one here. I have 2 players so far, and am looking for 1-2 more to get started, ultimately about 6 of us. We’ll probably play on weekends, a couple of times per month, details TBD.

I’m assuming I’ll do the lion’s share of the GMing, but I’d be happy to share GMing duties. Stuff I run includes:

– Call of Cthulhu and Trail of Cthulhu.
    – Dungeon Crawl Classics. I’m also interested in Crypts & Things and Dungeon World. (If I had to, I could run D&D5)
    – Low-fantasy/Lovecraftian horror set in ancient Rome, using FATE.
    – Pendragon.

Stuff I’m not really interested in: GURPS, Hero, Rifts, World of Darkness, D&D 3-4, Pathfinder.

I’m in my (very) late 40s, and been playing since the (very) late 70s. I live near Montavilla, and can host games (although sharing that duty would be nice).

I’ve had good experiences playing with folks who played in their youth and came back to it as adults to release their inner 14-year old, but would also be happy with experienced gamers or novices. My main requirements are:

– Interest in story and character development, rather than rules (and munchkinism)
    – High social functioning and good hygiene.
    – Respectful and inclusive.
    – Regular (~80%+) attendance.
    – Social alcohol during the game is OK; pot is not.

If this sounds like it’s for you, drop me a line! (Alternatively, if you have such a group and are looking for players, I know some people who’d like to meet you.)

– Chris

theoutsyder83
    Participant

Hi Chris,

The group dynamic and culture you’re looking for sound great. If you’re still looking for people, I’m definitely interested. I’ve heard a lot of good things about D&D 5E, and would like to give it a try. I’ll give anything a shot, though. Any system can be fun with a good GM and good-natured players.

-Josh-

Arix
    Participant

Hey Chris,

If you’re still looking for players I’m definitely interested. Dungeon Crawl Classics and Call of Cthulhu are most appealing to me, though I’ll try most anything. I’m also willing to DM systems I’m familiar with, which includes a few retroclones, as well as FATE. Any information would be appreciated.

-Ethan

Aikibrewer
    Aikibrewer
    Participant

Hi Josh and Ethan,

I do have one open seat left. We’ve started off playing Dungeon Crawl Classics. I’ve looked over D&D 5e and, while I think it’s better than D&D 4e, I’m not really interested in running it. I only mentioned it on the chance that that would be the only thing I could get a group together to play.

I picked DCC because I like it and am familiar with it, and it’s close enough to D&D that it should be easy for most of my current players to pick up (most of them are either fairly new to the game, or played a longish time ago). Eventually I will probably want to rotate CoC and FATE into the mix.

We’re not playing again for a couple of weeks, so we could meet in person to chat about the group before then, if you’re still interested. You can email me directly at s.chris.garner [at] gmail [dot] com.

Regards,

– Chris

mrm0dern
    Participant

Hi Chris,

This sounds like a potential good fit for me, I’m most familiar with D & D, D&D 5E would be my go to, but I’m also willing to try something new. Thank you!

Aikibrewer
    Aikibrewer
    Participant

Hi Mr. Modern,

Unfortunately, our group is full up with 6 players at the moment. I can keep you on our “wait list” if you want, in case a seat opens up.

Regards,

– Chris

mrm0dern
    Participant

Chris,

That would be great, thank you!

Mark

Aikibrewer
    Aikibrewer
    Participant

Hi Mark (and other folks who’ve responded),

I’ve recently had a seat open up in my DCC group. We’re playing our last game of the year this Saturday, and then will probably resume in early January. If you’re interested, you can contact me at s.chris.garner[at]gmail.com.

– Chris

DMatt
    DMatt
    Participant

Hi Chris,

If interested I could run (DM) a FATE game. I have developed a fun FATE run in 1850s London involving paranormal investigation.

I run a D&D group on Sunday’s but would be willing to run/play a FATE game for a short stint on another day.

I’m in my late 40s and have been writing and running games for decades. I match all your social needs listed. I mainly play D&D 3.5, 5th, Pathfinder, FATE, Dresden Files, and Mouseguard.

Let me know.
    Matt at mocopy11@yahoo.com

Aikibrewer
    Aikibrewer
    Participant

Sorry, I should’ve made myself more clear. The game is a going concern now, we play roughly every-other Saturday afternoon. We’ve been playing Dungeon Crawl Classics, although we might branch out into other games at some point in the future. We had 6 players and then one dropped out, so we’re trying to fill that seat. We’re mostly a bunch of old farts, 50+ (or nearly so).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.