Home Forums Looking for Group New to the Area! Looking for friends/gaming group

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nykrat Nykrat 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Sdoubtit
    Participant

I am new to Portland and am looking to start or join a group of gamers! I moved to portland and recently bought Descent 2.0 and have no one to play it with :(..

Anyways, I am looking to play Descent. I also would like to try Imperial Assault. I’ve had my eye on it for a while but would be pointless to buy since I have no one to play with haha. Not only do I want a Descent and Imperial Assault group, I am also open to all games, really.

Sdoubtit
    Participant

OH, forgot to mention, I’m 27 and would prefer to play with people in their 20’s and up… haha

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

I’m a fan of Descent 2nd ed and have, but have not yet played, IA. How far are you willing to travel for a board game group?

Sdoubtit
    Participant

Depends how far is far.. I am in SW Portland. Just across the river from Gaurdian Games.
    BUT to answer the question, I am willing to travel. Would be nice to get to know everyone at a mutual location, IE Gaurdian Games.

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

I’d be cool with driving on down to GG periodically for this. I’m out in Beaverton a block from the Cornell exit of the 26. You want to dive right in with 2 players or wait until we find 3 more for the full Descent experience?

Erik

Sdoubtit
    Participant

I’d be down! I drive to beaverton everyday for work. Near Scholls Ferry.. we could meet up there some times too.

Ya we can play with just 3. Or we can wait. I also picked up IA if we want to get some skirmishes in or campaign.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Sdoubtit.

Sdoubtit
    Participant

Nykrat,

I got a group together through ‘meetup’ to meet at Guardian Games. We have 3 players committed, including me. I think I found a 4th tonight, just need to see if its a solid commitment or not BUT if you want to be our 5th that would be awesome! hopefully you see this soon.

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

SD,

Yep-yep, I’m still enthusiastic about the idea. Have we all discussed Day/Time/Frequency options at this point?

Erik

Nykrat@Yahoo.com

Sdoubtit
    Participant

Awesome! Day/Time/Frequency has not been discussed yet. Most likely will have to be weekends (Friday included). Im not home from work until 530-6 most days during the week, but I would be fine meeting around 7 or so to squeeze in a mission if we get addicted 🙂

Let me know what you’re thinking so I can relay it to the rest of the group!

Maybe download ‘Meetup’ on your phone and join the group ‘Portland Star Wars Gamers’.. Just a heads up, theres a simliar group, ‘Fly Casual: Portland Star Wars Gaming’ << THIS IS NOT THE GROUP

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

This group has 236 members… Im guessing that’s not the one…?

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

Grrr…Everytime I drop my phone or rotate the screen (usually because I drop it while trying to scratch my nose or something) my response text just disappears and I have to do it all over again…

So, my shortened responses:

I joined the meetup. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’m curently available for evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays after 4pm

I’m never available Wednesdays

My D&D5e:Ravenloft biweekly group will soon be rendering a second day of the week unavailable. I’ll update you as I learn more.

I can make an occasional Saturday or Sunday game but that will be on a case-by-case basis. If the guys really want weekend games, maybe I can be the drop-by-guy?

Sdoubtit
    Participant

Ok maybe we can do Thursday nights. Like I said, I’m not free until later during weekdays. Weekdays aren’t the greatest for me. I only get a handful of hours between getting home from work and going to bed so it might be a squeeze, but we could make it work. I’ll see what everyone else wants to do.

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

Totally understandable either way.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.