Home Forums Looking for Group Seeking/Forming Tabletop Group

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  riktooth 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

riktooth
    Participant

My wife and I would like to find a few other adults for an ongoing group to play tabletop games, probably on a weekly or every-other-weekly schedule. (We live in SE, but we’d be willing to join a group anywhere in the area.)

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

What games in particular are you two interested in playing (to the extent that you would be willing to travel 😉 )?

riktooth
    Participant

We’re Euro-board gamers and are willing to play most anything. We’ve got about a hundred board games, including almost all the usual suspects (Settlers of Cataan, Carcassone, Power Grid, Ticket to Ride, Dominion, etc.) 7 Wonders is one my wife especially enjoys (I like it, too, but I’m pretty bad at it), and I’d like to be able to play Tammany Hall more often (another game I enjoy, despite being awful at). There probably aren’t many games we *aren’t* willing to play. (Really long ones like Axis and Allies or super-casual games like Munchkin.)

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

riktooth,

Well, I live in Beaverton but am willing to share some of the burden of travelling if we can cook something up. I have about 50-60ish games I can contribute to the pile. I like the bi-weekly idea. My weekends are pretty much spoken for until the end of March, but once that arrives I’ll have oodles of flexible free time.

Erik

riktooth
    Participant

March is a busy month for us, too. Let’s pick this up again as we get closer to the end of March.

ValyrianAdventures
    Participant

Hello,
    If you are at the store tomorrow, Friday March 25, between 6-8 PM, I have reserved a table for play testing of my tabletop game, Valyrian Adventures (no relation to Game of Thrones). You sound like just the kind of people I’d like to test the game for me. It’s a hexagon based tile game, a la Carcassonne, but with a “D&D twist”. Suited for all ages! Hope to see you there! Thanks in advance!

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

Hi Riktooth, it’s nearing the end of March and I’m checking back in. I’ve picked up a slew of title since we talked last. Spring is here…

riktooth
    Participant

We’re hosting guests from out of town through April 10.

If you would like to play on the weekend, that would be the 15th or 16th, but I think we could also play any night that week.

I didn’t have a better idea for how to exchange phone numbers (seems like this is better done through calling or texting), so I’ve included mine in this post in a manner I hope the spambots won’t detect. Go ahead and give me a call or text at your convenience and we can set something definitive.

Looking forward to it!
    Rick

Obligitory
    Participant

Hey folks, I’m also interested in finding a 5e or pathfinder game on a weekly basis.

Nykrat
    Nykrat
    Participant

Obligatory,

You looking to share GM duties or exclusively play? I’m keen on Pathfinder/D&D5, either way. How far are you willing to travel for a weekly or bi-weekly game?

Erik

Obligitory
    Participant

Nykrat, I can DM, but I prefer to do it in one-offs or short spurts. so if we form a group and you get tired of DMing I can run a one shot to give you a break and let you play.

Westerll
    Participant

Hey all,

I know this is an old post but I am interested in meeting up and playing some table top games. My current social group is not big into playing games. I am available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday but unfortunately work swing on weekends.

I’ve never played games like D&D but ide be interested giving it a try with the right group.

riktooth
    Participant

Hey, Wester.

We’d be happy to include you. My phone number is already in this forum (in my 3/28 message). Send me a text and we can work out some details.

And sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Busy stretch on this end.

Rick

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.